16 August 2005

The tank is full




I got impatient. But I couldn't wait! honest...

The driftwood had to be soaked for another 12 days, I hadn't found any pure soil for the plants, and I hadn't found plants that I really wanted.



It took a good 10 or 11 buckets of water, and Steph was drenched when I blew into the vacuum pump rather than suck. I was drenched dragging buckets of water from the kitchen sink to the tank. But its full of water, the light works the pump works and the thermostat works.

The driftwood is placed in a cross formation, it looks like two branches have fallen down, and the top one looks like it broke in half when it fell...

In the back I have Val grass in the centre, Carolina fanwort on the right. In the centre, in front of the val grass is an Amazon Sword plant to the left is some Alternanthera or Alligatorweed

Cost of Plants: $20

Running Balance: $662.96

I still need to get some Java Moss, Ricca, Anubia

No comments: