3 October 2005

New Fish! Barbs and Corys

I like Pets Warehouse (or Eukabana as we prefer to call them) They are always open, cheap and the sniffy dogs are always about looking for a free pat. But they arent fish specalists.

I needed some otto cats to help with the algae bloom, but while we were there we saw some gorgeous orange fish. I ask the girl what they were (ive never seen them in my fish books) she said they were goldfish... which i know is totally wrong! (for starters the tank was tropical) But they were pretty and we got a few of them.

They are pale orange in colour and they have golden scales so when they move - they glitter and they have a little black eye at the base of their tail. I think they are golden rosy barbs, they are not pink.

I think the catfish i got are Corydoras aeneus and they are very cute, and happy to swim up and down the tank.

Overall the tank is rather busy now. I dont think ill be adding anymore fish for some time.

Cost (3 golden rosy barbs, 2 corydoras catfish)
$21.75
Running total
? too scared to add up :P

No comments: